Restructuring Your Assets
Restructuring your assets is the most urgent matter to tackle.
This aims at four results:
1. We identify your incompliance positions
2. We reduce your license demand footprint (size + complexity) – the demand side of the compliance balance
3. We reduce your license asset footprint (size + complexity) – the offer side of the compliance balance
4. We reduce your compliance audit penalties
|1. We identify your incompliance positions
- We generate your Compliance Balance, by matching your deployments (licensing term: license demand) with your license assets (licensing term: Effective License Position).
- We propose to set priority to high-volume vendors (Oracle, IBM, Microsoft) and to vendors with aggressive audit behaviour (Attachmate, Informatica, Infor GS, etc.).
|2. We reduce your license demand footprint (size + complexity) – the demand side of the compliance balance
- We reduce the size of your license demand by adapting your infrastructure to licensing requirements, for example, by adapting virtual clusters (high availability) to reduce processor licenses, by defining server rules and credentials to reduce user licenses, etc.
- We adapt licensing metrics to your infrastructure, for example, by introducing IBM Sub-Capacity and Oracle clustering, both fitting your virtual environments.
- We reduce the costs of your license demand by simplifying your IT road map (less products/editions/versions) and replacing products with alternatives, such as open source (provided these products are acceptable to your IT production).
|3. We reduce your license asset footprint (size + complexity)
– the offer side of the compliance balance
- We terminate your superfluous licenses and maintenance contracts, by terminating over-licensing (unused licenses), terminating license/maintenance contracts with contractual zero value (such as IBM S&S without a base license = zero value; Oracle matching support level), terminating or migrating legacy licenses with unusable metrics.
- We augment the value of your license estate by collating (licensing term: assembling) licenses with their associated maintenance, reinstatements, migrations – by doing so we free and terminate other license contracts.
- We find supplementary licenses – unknown to you – owned by companies you recently acquired, or licenses purchased in Maverick Buying (outside authorized purchasing processes). For example, we identify supplementary IBM Passport Advantage sites, or supplementary Microsoft MVLSC accesses.
- We conduct license pooling for you, i.e. we transfer your unused licenses from your entities in surplus, to one dedicated legal entity we manage, so that we can transfer further to your entities in need.
|4. We reduce your compliance audit penalties
- Before your next audit, we eliminate your main incompliance positions, i.e. under-licensing or over-deployment.
- We intervene in running audits – even when all think it is too late – and reduce audit penalties by bringing to your side of the table our licensing expertise and counter audit experience.